FIT Europe is the Regional Centre of the International Federation of Translators (FIT) It focuses on translation and interpreting issues in Europe.
FIT Europe’s regular members are professional translator and interpreter associations at national level. FIT Europe also has associate members which are universities and training institutions.
FIT Europe, through its members, represents the interests of around 40,000 language professionals across Europe, including translators, interpreters, terminologists, researchers and trainers.
FIT Europe provides a forum for its members to:
- exchange information, experience and examples of best practice
- find solutions to common or shared problems, and
- agree on measures that will heighten public and corporate awareness of good professional practice.
FIT Europe’s principal objectives are to:
- promote the interests of language professionals in Europe
- encourage recognition of the importance of translation and interpreting for society
- showcase the benefits that society and individuals derive from translation and interpreting
- support efforts at national level to achieve formal recognition of the title and status of the language professionals, and
- work together with other stakeholders in the best interest of our members.
News and updates about the profession, our position papers and information about ongoing and completed projects at FIT Europe can be accessed through this website.
The main FIT website at https://fit-ift.org can also be accessed for further information about the profession at global level. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have a particular enquiry.